This dish can be served for breakfast, or if you are not a breakfast eater, brunch, or lunch. The chorizo potatoes are very filling, and the soft yolks create a creamy sauce for the whole dish. This will certainly become a family favorite.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 – 10 oz. pkg. pork chorizo *
- 8 eggs
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet to med-high. Once heated add the potatoes, chorizo, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Break the chorizo down it will turn almost to mush. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft, and the outside is browned, about 25 to 30 min.
- When the potatoes are almost done cooking heat your tortillas. I have a gas stove so I put mine on direct heat, but you can do it in a warm skillet as well. Once all tortillas are cooked, set aside and keep warm.
- Check your potatoes for doneness and seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Once cooked, set aside, and keep warm.
- Next cook your eggs. I like mine sunny side up, but over easy is fine too.
- Place 2 tortillas onto a plate, top with potatoes, 2 eggs then cheese. Serve immediately!
*Make sure you buy chorizo and not chorizo sausage it makes a huge difference. Regular chorizo is very soft and flavors the potatoes perfectly.